In light of COVID-19 we are taking every precaution necessary to keep our members, staff, and volunteers safe. The LOST Organization is going above and beyond to keep the community healthy while we continue to offer all essential mental health and addiction services. With that in mind, we have decided to temporality cancel all non-essential services, including yoga classes, paint night, and any larger scale workshops. We believe that it is important to keep operating at this time as our community will need mental health services more than ever.
Though our services will be limited, The LOST Organization will continue to offer its peer support groups at 12:00PM and 4:00PM, including SMART Recovery on Monday’s at 6:30PM. We will also offer our Mindful Melodies Music Group on Wednesday’s at 2:00PM and the Creative Expression Art Group on Tuesday’s at 4:00PM. Please keep in mind that we have implemented some new safety guidelines, and if you appear symptomatic, we will have to ask you to remove yourself from the facility.
In order to keep everyone safe, we have implemented some new temporary policies:
1. Cleaning protocols: the entire studio will be cleaned and sanitized between groups, including a deep-clean before closing for the evening. We are fully stocked with anti-bacterial supplies and feel confident in our ability to sterilize our space.
We also ask that all members wipe down their matts and work spaces after use. Spray bottles and cleaner will be available in-studio.
To limit germs, we ask that you bring your own water bottles, utensils, and coffee cups. We will keep our kitchen use to a minimal at this time.
2. Schedule changes: We have made some temporary changes to the schedule due to losing our placement students. For the time being, 6:00PM peer support groups have been cancelled on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We will be using this time to offer more online services and essential cleaning. All other groups are still available – please go to www.wearelost.org to register and view which programs are still running. Most programs are still available.
3. Sickness & symptom presentation: if you (or a member of staff) are presenting symptoms of sickness (fever, cough, congestion, shortness of breath etc.) we ask that you refrain from attending groups for a minimum of 2 weeks. We understand that this is difficult, however, we cannot afford to risk spreading the infection. LOST is a very small organization, and if our staff become sick, we will be forced shut down all programming for quarantine until they recover. If you enter the studio with obvious symptoms relating to COVID-19, we will have to ask you to leave.
4. Limited studio time: due to the loss of placement students and most volunteers, we may have limited studio time during some afternoons, meaning our clubhouse services will be shortened. The studio will be open during group time but is subject to close in between-groups if necessary. We will do our best to stay open for as many hours as possible!
5. Travel: if you have travelled outside of Canada in the last 21 days please refrain from attending groups until you have self-quarantined for a minimum of 14 days without symptoms. If you are symptom free after 14 days, you are welcome to begin attending groups again.
6. Schedule modification: for the time being we are modifying our schedule and limiting classes due to the amount of sanitization/ cleaning that will be essential to remain open. We will re-evaluate in April.
7. Online classes and sessions: in the next few days we will launch online workshops, programs, and sessions. Stay tuned as we get this all sorted out!
We thank everyone for their patience and understanding during this time. We will continue to keep our doors open as long as the government permits it. Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.
With love and gratitude,
The LOST Organization