Extra extra, read all about it... we are back in action (sort of). As Hamilton moves into phase 3, we are anxious to re-open our doors, however due to our limited staff & resources we still want to remain cautious. We are excited to announce that we will be facilitating in-person groups beginning Tuesday, August 4th, at Andrew Warburton Park - which is right next to our location at 335 Britannia Ave, Hamilton. If all goes well, we will re-open our indoor location starting September 3rd (following safety protocols outlined by the city). In regards to the outdoor groups, here are a few things to note:
- All outdoor groups are BYOS (bring your own supplies). This includes a chair or towel, writing materials, snacks, and anything else you may need to feel comfortable.
- The groups are weather permitting. If it rains or weather becomes dangerous, the group will be held ONLINE on the zoom room - https://zoom.us/j/621422844 (click this link to find the LOST zoom room). - These groups are free, drop in, and accessible.
- It's August, so the weather may be HOT. Please come prepared. You may need an umbrella, sunscreen, and water. Please arrive responsibly. We realize this is inconvenient for some, but we are doing everything we can to re-open safely.
- Social distancing and proper safety measures are still a must. If you have to use our washroom or facilities, masks are mandatory as per Hamilton By-Law 20-155 (please see Hamilton.ca/masks for details). - If you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and use our ONLINE services until you are well. A staff member will gladly assist you with finding the right online resource.
- We understand if you have kids/ dependants. They are welcome to join us as long as it does not disrupt the group! This park happily offers a play structure and splash pad should your young ones be old enough to use them safely and responsibly.
- Dogs/ support pets are welcome as long as they are not disruptive to the group.
- We understand that we are outdoors and therefore in public, but remember that groups are confidential
- what happens at LOST stays at LOST!
** Please take your time reading the new schedule - you will notice that we still have a mix of online and in-person services available, as we understand that some of our members may still feel safer at home. In fact, we have vowed to keep our online services permanently so that we can reach people who may be unable to attend in person. Please stay tuned for more information as we move forward. We are excited to see you all again IN PERSON!